Canby Welcomes Film and Video Production
Production Approval Process:
- Fill out a Clackamas County Online Permit Application See Guide to Filming and more Resources
- Fill out the Business License Application Form
- Insurance: Film and Video production companies will be required to carry Comprehensive General Liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit. The insurance policy must name the City of Canby as an Additional Named insured. A Certificate of Insurance provided to City of Canby will satisfy this insurance requirement.
- Add an overview of filming details including dates, proposed locations, description of filming impacts, special needs, etc.
- Submit payment of $50 to Canby City Hall, 222 NE 2nd Ave, PO Box 930, Canby Oregon 97013
- Pay Transit Tax: Please review the brochure for an overview of the program. The city has modified the approval process to be film friendly. Please submit a one-time transit tax payment using this form based on the wages your production paid just during filming activities in Canby. (No Transit Tax Account number needed). Submit payment to “The City of Canby Transit Tax”, P.O. Box 930, Canby, Oregon 97013. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or call 503-266-0687.”
City Businesses and Resources:
Would you like your property to be in the movies?
- For inspiration, here are Canby sites that are already on the State Film and Video Database: Canby Sites
- Please fill out this form (from Clackamas County website)
- E-mail the form and as many photos as you like to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your property will be added to Reel Scout, the location database through the Oregon Governor’s Office of Film & Television: See Reel Scout
- We will promote your site or building to film and video production companies and help coordinate the details.
- Grimm – Television Series shot February 3-4th, 2014 Canby Herald Article
- Three Point 1Four Productions – Commercial Shoot September 28-29th, 2013 Canby Herald Article
Resources for the Film and Video Industry
- Canby’s cable access station, CTV5 has a green screen, cameras, editing and studio audio recording facilities to support your production. The learn more, see: http://www.ctvchannel5.com or contact Executive Director Tony Gonzalez at the office: 503.263.6287, by cell: 503.913.5907 or by Email: Tony@ctvchannel5.com
- An overview of the Film and Video Industry: Clackamas County Film and Video Industry Cluster
- Oregon Film
This State Website provides Film and Video related information and resources on shooting and working in Oregon, Locations, Incentives, contacts and more
For more information please contact:
Jamie Stickel, City of Canby Economic Development Director
Direct Phone: 503-266-0701
222 NE 2nd Ave, Canby Oregon 97013