Typical Business Costs in Canby:
Overall, the cost of doing business in Canby is competitive and the community is business friendly. The majority of our utility providers are locally owned and committed to providing reasonable rates, response service and in investing in future capacity. The community raises local funds to maintain streets and provide transit service that support businesses.
- Business License Fee: $50.00 per year. Application information is available here.
- Employment Land Costs:
Industrial land prices in the Canby Pioneer Industrial Park range from $4.50 to $7.00 per sq ft or $200,376 to $304,920 per acre. See listings
Commercial land sells for about $6.00 per square foot or $261,900 per acre. See available space.
- Business Space Lease Rates: Commercial space in Canby leases for $0.85 to $1.67 per square foot per month.
- Property Tax Rate: $17.1433 per $1,000 in assessed value of land and buildings
- Street Maintenance Fee: This fee is dedicated to maintaining Canby roads in excellent condition. Monthly rates are set at $0.522 x trip value x units. For details see Canby City Ordinance 1262 and to determine the trip value Contact Planning Director Bryan Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canby Area Transit Payroll Tax: Canby employers pay this tax based on gross payroll in Canby to fund local transit service. The tax rate is 0.6% or $6 for every $1000 of taxable wages and/or self-employment net income and is collected quarterly. See details.
- Systems Development Charges are a one-time fee for new construction: See overview. Custom calculations for complex projects are provided on request: Contact Bryan Brown at email@example.com